Improve Your Users' Experiences
What Is UX?
User Experience (UX) is the holistic “big picture” of a user’s interaction with a company’s services or products. Great experiences guide, teach, and even delight users. Poor experiences, on the other hand, frustrate, confuse, and discourage them. In the web development world, focusing on positive experiences is a discipline called User Experience Design.
- come from organized, easy-to-find information
- have attractive and intuitive user interface (UI) design
- anticipate users’ questions and needs
- exceed users’ expectations
- have confusing copywriting
- are inconsistent across multiple platforms
- include broken links and other website errors
- are inaccessible to people with disabilities
Evaluating UX with Usability Testing
Usability testing is the process of evaluating websites or apps with real users, which helps uncover issues that adversely affect User Experience. Usability is just one of many aspects that affect a user’s overall “user experience.” Usability testing takes many forms, from informal interviews and card-sorting exercises, to large, lab-based testing sessions.